Wednesday, November 10, 2010

H-A-DOUBLE L -O-DOUBLE U-DOUBLE E-N

With Halloween approaching this year, Momma told me it was time to carve my first pumpkin. For me, this meant that I repeatedly tried to grab the knife and eat pumpkin seeds (or feed them to Jess), while Momma cut a face into a pumpkin. It had a big grin, like me.


As for my costume, it was a bit of a mess. I was supposed to be Yoda, but UPS did not seem to care that I wanted to be Yoda. We had to do a last minute costume change, and we went with a walrus. Yes, you read that right, a walrus. Thus, I was a little perturbed that instead of being Yoda (crazy mind skills, sweet robes, ability to mix up phrases and sound cool), I was going to be a walrus (marine mammal recognized by its tusks and great bulk).

But then I realized that: 1. I could spin this whole walrus thing as an homage to the The Beatles; 2. As long as I smile at people, I'm gettin' some candy; 3. I have a lot of years to make up for this costume; and 4. Connor went as pizza, and I think he is cool. And I bet a walrus eats pizza, so that makes me cooler than Connor. Happy days are here again.

With my regained confidence, I took Poppy and Honey by the hand, and got a few goodies.

Happy Halloween 2010! I am The Walrus!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment