Monday, October 4, 2010

Sock Monkeys Rule!

I had my first birthday party recently. I selected a sock monkey theme because I have a sock monkey that I love. Momma, Kelly, and Aurora decorated these monkey cupcakes (thank you lullaby lubbock for the idea).
I got my cake. I know that people were expecting me to tear into that cake, but I believe that the finer things in life take time. Such is the case with cake. So ten minutes after I got my cake (and lost my audience), I finally started eating.
Eating cake is serious business. I don't know why Momma kept trying to shove my hand into the cake. I just wanted to eat the icing one...tiny...finger...dollop...at...a...time...
After I was hyped up on sugar I took some pictures. First, a solo. Please note my onesie that lets everyone know that I am one...just in case they didn't know. Momma, enjoy being able to dress me while it lasts.


Then I took some pictures with my friends Connor, Ryan, and Ellisann. Connor and Ryan came in from Dallas to hang out for my birthday. I felt so loved. Ryan and I are definitely going to be trouble together. I felt sorry for Ellisann at first because she had to sit with all of the smelly boys. Then she tried to make out with me in front of everyone. Don't get me wrong, she's cute, but my mom was right there and that is just awkward. Ryan thought the whole thing was hilarious and Connor was just over the whole picture moment.After the party, everyone left, and I said goodbye from the window.
In all seriousness, I have so many people to thank for making my party happen. First and foremost, Honey. Honey came over and decorated when Momma got stuck out of town at work. If anything looked good at my party, it was because Honey did it. Then Poppy loaned us a table for the party, helped set everything up, and looked good the whole time. Grandpa and Grandma Brenda and Uncle Andrew came in for the weekend and stayed with me and Momma put them to work (but they still found time to bring me Walter the Farting Dog). Ms. Amanda and Mr. Scott brought my friends from Dallas. I love them so much. Uncle Travis, Aunt Kelly, and Ms. Aurora came over the night before and helped Momma make cupcakes and get things in order. Oma brought yummy brisket. It was truly a group effort and I felt so, so loved that people were so willing to help out for a little party. Thank you. I think we should start planning now for my sweet sixteen! To Momma and Dad (a shameless plug)--thanks for keeping me alive for a year. Who would have thought that would happen? :)

And to everyone who donated to the Ronald McDonald House in my honor--THANK YOU FOR THE BEST PRESENT EVER!

Life is good.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment